We recognise that our day to day activities impact on the environment in ways which are positive and negative. We wish to minimise these harmful impacts wherever and whenever practicable, and work to secure business benefit from environmental protection.
Gardner is committed to the prevention of pollution and will work to minimise the impact of its operations through a continuous improvement program.
In particular, we will:
- Comply with all relevant existing environmental legislation and other requirements
- Reduce harmful emissions wherever practicable
- Seek to reduce consumption of materials in our operations and promote recycling and the of recycled goods
- Manage energy and water usage wisely in all our operations
- Incorporate environmental considerations into the procurement of goods and services
To achieve these, we will:
- Allocate sufficient management resources to ensure effective implementation of the environmental policy
- Motivate and educate our employees to conduct their activities in an environmentally friendly manner
- Measure, monitor and report on key indicators of our environmental performance on an annual basis
- Review our policy on a regular basis to take account of new developments in environmental management and legislation, and also our stakeholder expectations
- Perform periodic audits of our activities to ensure compliance with company requirements, legislation and policy requirements